Wednesday, May 20, 2009

sweet buttercup. and a sunshine day

well, the day started out glorious...a blue sky, not a cloud in sight. i just had to take a walk to the krispy kreme for my favorite glazed raspberry filled donut (it's about a mile round trip, but only my second time going in a year...willpower!). i came home, threw open the windows to let the sunshine in, did some tidying up and cleaning, getting myself ready to sew a bag for my mom's friend.

i was listening the whole time for the mailperson who comes right around noon.

and there was my package from iris. our bag swap!

i calmly finished up my lunch then grabbed my camera and headed for the outdoors. only sitting on the grass, under the shade of the river birch, would do, for simple, peaceful pleasures.

pretty yellow tissue with "dragon-fly purple-blue" ribbon...



an amy butler notecard, handwritten...


the cutest, dearest Buttercup, wonderfully small, THE purse for warm spring and summer days in the perfect colors and design with matching buttons ...


lining to die for...matrushka dolls! how did she know i've two sitting on my bookshelves, fond reminders of visits to st. petersburg and moscow...


in blue tissue, hankies, bright, beautiful, hankies! two!...


mail love...


thank you, iris. for your wonder and light.

thank you all who visit my space, sharing your sweet shelves, your creative imaginings, your gift of friendship. to a total stranger.

to give is to receive. to walk hand in hand, on the road, here to there, is to grow peace.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful bag and the fabric choices are wonderful! Love the dolls on the lining a fun surprise to see when looking inside.

Cheryl said...

Wow, that's some great mail love!

QuiltedSimple said...

What great mail love! Those fabrics she used are beautiful and just perfect for you! Have a great day
Kris

Jessica said...

What an excellent package! You are lucky!

audreypawdrey said...

It is beautiful! What a great surprise to arrive in the mail! I know it brightened your day, and what a wonderful day it sounds like!

a friend to knit with said...

how absolutely wonderful.
it is gorgeous as is this post.
a wonderful sunshiny weekend to you!!!

bearbear said...

Wow! What a nice surprise in the mail! I love that lining, too. And you're making me crave doughnuts! ha! Love to come here to cheer up and be inspired!