Tuesday, March 18, 2014

a new look...


I've been missing from this space for some time, but decided yesterday to give it something of a new look, add some items over on the sidebar where you can find me on other social networking sites and to give you a sneak peek at a lap quilt I've been working on. I recently purchased a Brother XR9500PRW Limited Edition Project Runway sewing machine at a great price on amazon because I really wanted an inexpensive machine with lots more decorative stitches than my Husqvarna Viking Scandinavia 200. I like to use them to secure and give my binding a nice polished, finished look. This is my very first time using the machine! I positively love the sweet, loopy stitch. It looks so nice, front and back. And the stitches are neat and tidy. That does my heart good!

I've made another quilt since I was last here and have made several sets of "prayer" or "peace" or "garden flags."  I don't have too many photos of these projects except for a few I took with my iPhone. My goal is to photograph what I do have and share here at some point.

No comments: