Tuesday, May 1, 2012

the long and short of it

I finished what turned out to be an intense online Photoshop course yesterday and am so happy to have more time to get back to my sewing. I've had the panels and straps cut out for a new cargo bag for some time now. When I had an hour or so to spare, I'd work at basting and constructing.

Today I'm ready to finish it. The outside of the bag is complete and I'm piecing together the inside.

I wanted to visit here since I've been away again for a spell to share a photograph of the work in progress.


I've decided to add an adjustable strap to this bag since I want the flexibility to wear it over my head and across my chest or off my shoulder. It's something very simple, but as I've never added an adjustable strap to any of my previous bags, I'm excited.

The fabrics I've chosen are from my stash, Sugar Snap by Melissa Averinos for Free Spirit, bright, but not too loud, perfect for the summer, to coordinate with casual tees and flip flops.

I'll be back soon with more photographs and details!

No comments: