Thursday, November 11, 2010

read the fine print

i wanted to pop in and say "hello" and because i felt obliged to follow-up to provide  more information.

i'm working on the day-shift. though i don't like to speak negatively about a design, i must say that this dress really has no shape at all. and the "belt" that i scratched has nothing to do with it. i know it's not supposed to be fitted. maybe if i tighten up the bodice where it attaches to the skirt? this is definitely where my inexperience with apparel shows.

perhaps it's that i'm short and curvy? regardless, the sizes run much too large.

i'll finish it because my main goal was to have a "practice" piece for bodice and sleeves, not an easy thing to do when your heart has slipped out of your work.

i think i'll make another bag after this. i'm pretty good with those. lol!

4 comments:

Kristyn Knits said...

oh, how disappointing. I've had that happen with my knitting before. my heart leaves and I remain to finish. I'm sure you'll find a way to make it yours!

audreypawdrey said...

I am glad that you are sticking with it, maybe you will be pleasantly surprised when it is all together! I do hate it when a project goes awry half way through!

QuiltedSimple said...

and that is why i don't like clothes! lol....seriously - once you get it sewn together, try putting some darts in the back, the front, or both. I'm a big lover of darts if something isn't fitting quite right:)
Kris

Stephanie said...

I tried making clothing for myself and the first thing I made was so uncomfortable I lost all interest. But it's great you are sticking with it, that's how we learn. I had lost my mojo for sewing clothing, but I hope to try again one day. It's good to have challenges :) Maybe it will work out yet! Good luck!!