Saturday, November 6, 2010

day-shift


that i not lose momentum on my road to apparel and fitted garments, my next project is to make a simple dress. the pattern as you see is this from indygo junction. the fabric is an embroidered cotton (pictured in reverse) i've had in my stash for a good three years.

instructions call for over three yards of fabric. i was able to squeeze what i needed out of 2.5 by shortening the length of the lower front and back panels and the sleeves. meant to be 3/4, on me it was more like a long. i'm thinking i'll wear this little number over tights or jeans. and if i like the "fit" perhaps i can modify it to be a top by lengthening the bodice pieces.

it's a beautiful weekend. we're expecting our first freezing temps this evening. fall has finally arrived. the leaves are now turning as well. enjoy a fabulous day, an awesome creative adventure!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Interesting pattern....looking forward to seeing the finished top. I'm wondering how well it will fit without darts.

audreypawdrey said...

That color is fantastic! I can't wait to see how it turns out. I need to make some more clothes for me.:)

Kristyn Knits said...

as with your other projects, I'm sure this will be created with care and fit you perfectly!

Stephanie said...

How pretty. I love the style of this. Very cool, can't wait to see it finished!