Monday, October 18, 2010

flower child


are you a facebook user? though i am careful about how i use it, it pays to support your favorite vendors by hitting the "like" button. this online shop, for instance, recently offered fans a 20% discount in celebration of customer appreciation week. what a good time to pick up a few new things!

i mentioned in my previous post that i had veered toward less bright colors and patterns. i believe the above palette is more subtle for me. lol!

when i begin my browsing, i generally head straight for the "quilting fabrics ➝ retro & mod quilting fabrics" and there i found these beautiful prints.

from top to bottom:

peace & flowers

medallions & tile sorbet

bubbles

guatemalan flora

i've no immediate plans for this yummy goodness. but it makes me happy to touch, to feel, to smell the new fabric, sweet eye candy.

i did make a couple of very cute skirts that i wore repeatedly throughout the summer. when i've a chance i'll snap a photograph and share.

7 comments:

audreypawdrey said...

They are all lovely! I love the floral pattern at the top and the purple below it the most. So pretty! I love that time when you are still trying to decide what you want to make with all the prettiness.:)

Stephanie said...

The print in the middle is a favorite of mine, I have it in that color way and a hot pink, electric blue, lime green color way that isn't available anymore :( It's a shame it makes gorgeous binding on quilts. Love all your fabrics, can't wait to see what you'll make!

Jennifer said...

What gorgeous fabrics.....they all say "summer" to me!

Cheryl said...

Which line is the one in the middle from? I can't find it on fabric.com. This is probably user error. :-)

Cheryl said...

No, wait, not the middle one. I meant the one second from the bottom. Thanks!

APA said...

Hi, Cheryl!

Oops! I totally forgot about that one. It's Retro Bubbles Yellow/Red" from the "Retro" line. Here's the direct link. Hope it works. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Ana

http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=a1ea5b40-c876-4ac7-af73-df393ffd7531&CategoryID=65017d26-282b-4955-96da-6667a3dc966b

Cheryl said...

Thanks! I LOVE it. I have to see if we're getting it at the shop...