Wednesday, August 5, 2009

it's here! it's here!


my beautiful bag has arrived from stephanie and i am so inspired and happy! of course i had to open the box no sooner i brought it in. and i'm pretty sure i was giddy with anticipation. i still have a big grin on my face!

when stephanie invited me to do this swap, we chatted a bit about what pattern to use for each other. she mentioned she was thinking about the multi-tasker tote by anna maria horner as she not yet seen me make it. how did she know i had been eying that pattern for some time, but hadn't yet bought it? :) i love it. i love the size, the straps, the easy access pockets on the outside and two smaller on the inside. and i love the fabric she choose. the pink, orange and brown are so rich and fun! wow!


i told you she was a hippie chick!

of course she included a few little yummy treats tucked inside...a beautiful crocheted zipper bag and snap pouch! because you see, stephanie crochets. she paints and has made the cutest little panda felt animal, too. and now i've my own fwumpus originals. i'm a very lucky girl.

stephanie mentioned in her note that blogging has led to meeting new people and making friends. i couldn't agree more.

thank you, friends!

and if you have never participated in a swap, whether with one or a few, i would say, "go for it." i promise you'll receive in generosity and friendship as you so kindly give. i know, thanks to these fabulous ladies you really should visit here and here.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

What a terrific and kind gift!!! Mail like that really makes a day!

Stephanie said...

Yeah!! You got it! I'm so glad you like it, I really love that fabric and hoped you would too. Now I've got a post to do, thanks so much for doing this fun swap with me! I think everyone shoud do a swap, it's so fun!

stitching under oaks said...

I found you through Stephanie...both of you made such great looking bags. What a fun swap.

bearbear said...

I love those colors, too, and agree with Stephanie a/b meeting new friends thru blogging. Did you know that Anna Marie Horner is from Nashville? You have been so busy lately! I hope tomorrow will be my last day cleaning out my mother's house and I can hopefully get back to sewing and creating and posting those things on my blog, too. but, in the meantime, I enjoy ones like yours and others. thanks.

audreypawdrey said...

That bag is so pretty! I love the fabrics she chose and such loveliness on the inside as well. What a great swap partner and new friend she is!

a friend to knit with said...

wow. i just love a good swap. a way to remind the soul of the kindness, generosity, thoughtfulness, love and talent of others.
and wow. you two sure had the talent part covered in this swap!

absolutely gorgeous!

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh this is gorgeous! You are such a lucky duck.
Kris