Tuesday, August 4, 2009

because she's a hippie chick

market bag with the strap tucked in ready to package...


beach stripes...


i'm soooo happy. stephanie has received the bag i made her in our bag swap. now i can post pictures and share a little about the fabric i chose for her.

when she first invited me to do this bag swap, well, i did have a little something in my stash i could have used...a little something also in a purple, my latest color craze these days...but it's much more fun to shop. you know i couldn't resist when i spotted the new line, hippie chicks by michele d'amore for marcus fabrics. oh my gosh. i just love it and selected a few different pieces.

i decided on the purple daisy stems and beach stripes to contrast. i browsed stephanie's pics of fabric she has in her stash and what she has used for her own sewing projects, noting she liked florals. so, my purple passion with her flower power and you have THE only choice possible!

the pattern is portabellopixie market bags and i made it fully reversible which is nice because i couldn't decide what side i liked better after i was done! and i like my bags sturdy, but not heavy, so i lined both the "exterior and interior" with a cotton twill. i hope she will enjoy the bag and the little fat quarters i sent for her own projects for moments and days to come.

and i am so looking forward to my own beautiful bag which should be at my doorstep soon!

please visit stephanie. she's doing a 10 day photo journal of Musikfest.

rock out, everyone, and enjoy these magical days!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I really love this bag Ana. I think for now on I will make my bags sturdier by adding some cotton twill. I love the weight it added to the bag, very nice! Hopefully you'll get your bag tommorrow!

Jessica said...

That bag is great.... if I had the pattern it would be perfect for all my knitting I carry around.

a friend to knit with said...

absolutely full of total hippiness. and of course it is totally cool and GROOVY!
i love the detail you put into all of your creations, ana.

Jennifer said...

Great bag! Very bright, cheerful and summer-y.

Iris E. said...

ABSOLUTE lovely summery fun!!!!
Good work and boy, that bag just makes me happy!

XO
Iris

bearbear said...

This is very, very cute! My favorite thing about it is the fabric. To borrow a phrase from you - it ROCKS!!! ha!

audreypawdrey said...

You make such beautiful bags! I love the colors of this bag-so bright and summery. It is wonderful! I had not thought of using twill as a layer to add support; I will have to try that! Beautiful job!

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh I love this bag! The colors are awesome, it ROCKS. Beautiful job Ana
Kris