Wednesday, July 1, 2009

lest i lose my groovy groupies...

...i share with you a little summer lovin' from my garden & walks around my sweet neighborhood.

i confess there's been little sewing happening here...some sketching and designing in my journal, but no cutting and sewing, yet. i do believe the summer sunshine bug has bitten. i look for every excuse to get outdoors despite the pretty warm temps and virtually no rain. i would love to get myself to the beach. alas, the flowers and offerings of mother earth comfort and console in the meantime.


busy bee on Helenium mardi gras - helen's flower


my first flower on the double knockout rose


impatien. mordecai historical park


zinnia. flower garden on courtland street


to all those here in the good ole us of a, a safe and delicious 4th of july holiday to you & yours! and to virtual friends abroad, a beautiful and bright july day.

peace out! ride the rainbow to your dreams!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

That first flower is very unique, I love the center of it. Zinnias are such a happy flower aren't they. Glad you're having lots of sunny days this summer and I'm with you on needing a trip to the beach! Hopefully soon!! :)

Jennifer said...

Your flowers are so pretty! Where would we be without them to cheer us up?

Iris E. said...

Oh my! So beautiful and vivid in their colors! That first one knocks my socks off....
Great eye for color, Ana---no surprise there!
XO
Iris

a friend to knit with said...

the flowers are so beautiful... but it is how you capture them that makes them shine!
hope your weekend is filled with all things that sparkle!!!!

QuiltedSimple said...

Love the flowers! Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July
Kris

audreypawdrey said...

These photographs are beautiful! the flowers are so vibrant. I hope you had a wonderful 4th weekend!

bearbear said...

Oh, Ana, I know we must be kindred spirits. I have done the same as you, missed my blogging and my life has taken some turns I didn't expect. But I'm getting back to visiting my blogging friends and have missed you so much. I've probably spent too much time on FB, too *insert giggle here*. Your time spent outside with your camera is good for your soul and maybe you need this break. Your photos are just beautiful. I love a really close-up look at these wonderful creations God has given us.

Alison said...

Lovely flower pics- I don't think I've ever seen that first one before... Enjoy your summer!