Wednesday, June 3, 2009

for a family friend



pattern: an everyday bag by favorite things
fabric: amy butler daisy chain. exterior: daisy bouquet. indigo; interior: kaleidoscope leaf. dots
other materials/notions: pellon fusible thermolam plus to line exterior, canvas to line interior pockets, pellon shape flex woven interfacing, 1 large button, small diameter cording, metallic snap
modifications: lined handles and tab with woven interfacing and interior pockets with canvas for stability; lengthened the handles; used a snap in place of velcro
date completed: 03June2009
a gift for: mrs g, a family friend

it's done and i'm so happy with how it came together and how it finished. i've e-mailed my mom a few pictures and as soon as i get a mailing address, the everyday bag...perfect, i think, for wearing with jeans as mrs g does...will be carefully packaged and placed in the mail. i took my time on this, but really it's an easy to follow pattern, and a purse versus a tote type bag, for a little change up in any woman's wardrobe!

thanks, mom, for giving me this chance to sew for a dear friend!

and now...some planning and designing of my own. i may have a little sales opportunity. one day at a time and full moments these early summer days!

11 comments:

bearbear said...

Very, very cute. and I'm curious about your opportunity!!!!! that sounds great! I hope it works out. Not much time but wish you all the best and just keep creating!

Cheryl said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute! I love it! And we have those fabrics (and buttons) at our shop. Hmmm....

Jessica said...

That is totally the pattern I've been dreaming of...for an everyday bag, of course!

Stephanie said...

Just stunning, I always am a fan of vibrant fabrics!!!! Love the big button too! Looks like it would really hold a lot, that's my kind of bag. I'm sure Mrs. G. will love it!

a friend to knit with said...

mrs. g is going to LOVE it.
and a sales opportunity?!!
all smiles---the universe is YOURS!

QuiltedSimple said...

Mrs. G. will love this - it is lovely! Here's to some wonderful sunny days,
Kris

Jennifer said...

What a gorgeous bag, Mrs G is very lucky to have a kind friend like you! You are right, it will look great with jeans.

Philigry said...

i love it. this fabric is to die for. i must get some of that!

audreypawdrey said...

This is beautiful! I love the fabrics you chose for this and it is the perfect size!

amandajean said...

it's gorgeous! your fabric pairing is most excellent!!!

Simply Stork said...

what a beautiful bag. My girlfriend has a bag that looks just like that one...(only in different colors) I wonder if the woman who made it for her used the same pattern??? I just love it!

time to investigate :o)

~simply~