Tuesday, April 7, 2009

halter apron


pattern: daily spice halter apron by heather bailey
fabric: alexander henry. jewel mobile
other materials/notions: lining. white lightweight cotton; interfacing. pellon fusible stacy shape flex
modifications: n/a
date completed: 7April2009

totally cute & easy to read pattern. it was my first time doing any kind of gathers & i'm pleased with my results. that this apron actually fits me (as you can see here on Clotilde who is set to my measurements) pretty well just tickles me! i love how you finish the skirt and then attach to the waistband after the bodice is on. i think that's why it works if you're a little hippy...and, no, i don't mean 60s cool this time...like me. :)

of course i love the retro groovy fabric. glad i bought it when i did because i believe it is now discontinued.

go ahead. make yourself a halter apron today!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, even though it's an apron, it looks like it could be a cute top or dress.

Jessica said...

I have been eying that a. henry fabric for a while--an apron is perfect to show it off!

Stephanie said...

Just love it!!! So pretty, it does look like it could be a summer dress, although there probably isn't much of a back. Good job getting that fun fabric before they discontinued it! Oh, and I love your model, I need to get myself one of those! Can't wait to see what you'll be making next!!!

APA said...

There are a few yards available at jcaroline creative and purlsoho.com (on sale!) of this same color and print; Sew, Mama, Sew has it in rose, should anyone be interested.

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh this is pretty - could double as a great summer dress too (if the back were sewn up - hehe). Looks great - have a fantastic day!
Kris

audreypawdrey said...

This is such a cute apron! I agree that it would make such a cute dress (with a few modifications, of course). I love the print. Are you going to keep this one? It is such a great spring/summer apron!

bearbear said...

Dittos here. Looks like a dress. As a child of the 60s, I knew what you meant by hippy! ha! I wouldn't be caught dead in a halter top now! ha! But a cute, cute apron and I know it's cute on you:)

a friend to knit with said...

that is TOTALLY cute! put a back on it, and wear it as a dress!!!!!!
seriously. you are SO ready for sewing clothes.