Tuesday, January 13, 2009

lap quilt. growing on me


yeah. with two rows done, i'm diggin' my first hourglass lap quilt. and i should have plenty of fabric to do a nice border, binding, the back. and then some. maybe one of those cute little doll quilts i've seen. a wall hanging? that would be good, too, practicing some other cut & element. i'll post now only when i'm done. or you might get bored here. :D and in the meantime, there are more projects, like, a valance. and a betty shopper for my sister.

7 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

Very, very good. You'll be a pro in no time at all. I love the border you have put around each block! A little patchwork doll quilt in these colors would be fabulous - and a great way to practice the quilting you want to do on this!
Kris

audreypawdrey said...

They are looking beautiful all together! The colors look wonderful, too.:) I also like the small border you placed around each block-it helps to lead your eye around.

Philigry said...

oh, i love the betty shopper pattern!
the wuilt is coming together really nicely!

bearbear said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how much you've done and it is so pretty. I'd never thought about it but it's so true what Audrey says about that border leading your eye around. And I'm not bored at all - I love to see everyone's progress.

a friend to knit with said...

i think these fabrics/colors are wonderful! i think on my lap is where i would want that all winter. look forward to seeing the rest.

and oh my! the betty shopper!!! i LOVE that bag!

Jessica said...

I've always loved hour glass patterns--and batiks! This lap quilt is turning out great!

Lisa said...

I love these fabrics together - I think it's what quilters call 'dynamic'. It's bright and cheerful and wonderful for a winter afternoon.