Wednesday, November 5, 2008

a clutch



pattern: madison bags by amy butler
fabrics:
exterior: amy butler daisy chain. deco rose. navy.
lining: amy butler daisy chain. clematis. green.
other materials & notions: pellon peltex 70 ultra firm stabilizer, pellon shape-flex woven fusible interfacing, heavy duty magnetic snap.
date completed: 5November2008
a gift for: college senior/niece andy jane

definitely needs a dazzling brooch, glamorous button, or fabric flower as embellishment on the front. adding straps may just make me pull my hair out for trying to get that stabilizer on the seams under the presser foot. design isn't easy to attach the lining, in particular, for the turns involved, but doable with a little imagination.

4 comments:

Celina said...

You've changed your blog's URL!!! What a relief! I've been wondering what had happened to you because when I used the old link it appears "Blog not found"! I'm glad you are here! So, thanks for your comment because I could find you again ;)
Your clutch is just perfect, such clean details!

Philigry said...

this is fantastic. it looks so professional!

a friend to knit with said...

oh my gosh! like katie said, so professional!
like you would see this in some cute boutique in some charming area of town.
i think the brooch or button or flower would look nice, but certainly don't think it needs it. it looks fantastic just the way it is.

Iris E. said...

Love that gorgeous Amy Butler fabric! I am about to make my second shopping bag with that as the exterior also!!! Yay!
XO
Iris